Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My First Web Development Client

My husband come to me about a week or so ago and asks me if I would mind setting up a web site/forums for he and his friend.  They are both really into MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and want to get a site going providing local MMA information as well as from the rest of the MMA world.

While it is still a work in progress, I figured I would post it here so that I could get a few opinions.  The dark layout and such is not necessarily great for a web site, but considering those who will be visiting, this site design is very fitting.

Although I am doing this for free, if they are able to start up a little side business and get some advertising on this site, it might just take off; of course then, that would be my payment.  *snicker*

Let me know what you think!

In The Clinch

 

6 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Good luck! I'm off to check it out now. :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm not fond of white on black websites, but even I have to admit the design ROCKS! Well done. Next time charge more. ;)

Nadine said...

I think you did a great representing the client base that would come to this site. Excellent.

Laura said...

@Nadine: Thanks, I appreciate the input.

@K: Thanks so much! I tell my husband all the time 'I Rock' (well not really but I like to think so..hehe), so I guess the web site just goes along with it. :)

@Tammy: I appreciate it, I do like input! Unfortunately, because my husband has a 22 inch monitor, it looks good, but not 'as' good. I just don't want to deal with a dynamic site.

Shannan Powell said...

Hi! I'm new to reading your blog, but wanted to say that you did a great job on the design. Wonderful choices for the niche!

Laura said...

Thank you Shannan. I know there is always room for improvement, but I think it is a good start. :)