Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mornings....

Why can't they just go a little smoother? I mean, is that too much too ask for?

I woke up in a rather good mood this morning, took my shower and was ready too face the day and work that may come in for me later to accomplish. All I asked of my children was for them too get ready for school without much fanfare and me cajoling. Well, as children will be children; that didn't happen.

This is a routine that is followed everyday; so how difficult is it really? Well apparently very difficult. My now 13 year old as of yesterday precedes to blame everyone else for almost not getting to the bus on time. I am like, well, uhm, "I don't think it is anyone else's fault but your own". It isn't like she was doing anything out of the ordinary this morning.

The funny thing is; my younger two, ages 10 and 8, they are ready when I need them too be ready; at least this morning. I only had to fuss at my 8 year old once and that was about brushing his teeth.

So why is my 13 year old so difficult in the mornings? Well, I have resigned myself to the fact she is 13 and that is all the explanation I will be getting or need. Does anyone ever really know why a 13 year old does what they do? I didn't think so!

So I will carry on as usual and hopefully tomorrow morning will be much brighter. I do have the rest of the day to look forward too. Wanna join me? It promises to be uneventful, boring and a slight bit moody. :) Na, I think today is going to be one of the good ones; despite the normalcy of my 13 year old. :)

6 comments:

Demon32 said...

13 year olds? eh, to think I was one. I remember believing the world was made for me, that all my demands where plated in gold and scribed by the most powerful beings of the cosmos. I would sit on top of my throne and declare my greatness, until I heard "You are being selfish and whiny" by a more powerful being of the cosmos, my mom. Just wait until your daughter is 14,15, and the scary 16... do you have open graves for all the boys that will come over and or call? If not you better get to it.

Laura said...

I do have a 15 and one about to turn 18 in May. Shhh, don't tell anyone. But they live with their dad so I haven't had to deal with the "boy" stuff too much. Except the call I got recently from the 17 year old requesting me take her to a Gyno. LOL I did real good (my daughter was nervous) and stayed cool, calm and collective--until I came home. Then I realized how OLD I am. :)

Demon32 said...

Your not old... your seasoned.

me said...

I think 13 is an awful place.
I was so unsure of myself at that time. It was rather torturous just to be.

Laura said...

Haha, thanks Demon. Yea, tell that too me when my daughter graduates from High School this year....Ugh.

Kitten, you are so right. 13 or just middle school in general is so awkward.

Demon32 said...

I was the fat kid in middle school. That kid... ya know, the one with the wooden leg. He could run faster then me and would not want a Hershey's bar at the end of the race. *sighing happily* The memories of my youth...